I was so excited to recently be featured on the wonderful The Wedding Concierge blog. I spoke all about the colour Marsala, which was the 2015 Pantone Colour of the Year. This is such a perfect shade to wear at this time of year, as it’s such a rich, warm shade. Here’s the post that I wrote where I shared my top tips on how you can incorporate this beautiful colour into your beauty routine for the holiday season.
This years Pantone Colour of the Year is Marsala, a red-brown wine color which is absolutely perfect for the Autumn/ Fall season. Some of you might think that this color is a little too dark for you and perhaps you have no idea how to incorporate it into your makeup and beauty routine. But never fear, here are my Top 5 Ways on how you can use Marsala:
1. Lips: Although Summer is my favourite time of year, Autumn and Winter are my favourite Makeup Seasons, as there’s always so many fabulous lip colours to wear. If you’re going to wear Marsala on your lips, my advice is to keep the rest of your makeup fairly simple, as you want the main focus to be on your lips. A neutral eye, with maybe a winged eyeliner, would go perfectly with this look.
2. Eyeliner: I’m not a big fan of black eyeliner for a daytime look, as it looks way too harsh on a lot of women. Marsala would be a great alternative to black. Use it dry for a subtle, more smokey look, or use it wet for a bit more of a intensity, or as a sexy winged eyeliner.
3. Eyeshadow: Apply a neutral or lighter shade of eye shadow all over the lid, then apply Marsala to the outer corners and blend into the crease with a blending brush. You could also apply a transition colour just above Marsala in a medium, neutral shade like grey or beige to blend it out. This will emphasize your eyes and will make them appear larger.
4. Smokey Eyes: Just as with eyeliner, smokey eyes do not only have to be black. Marsala is the perfect colour for a sultry, glamorous smokey eye. This would look especially beautiful on green or blue eyes. Keep the rest of the face simple, and apply a nude shade of lipstick or lip gloss.
5. Nails: Marsala is the perfect shade of nail polish for this time of year when many events and parties are taking place. You can apply the polish completely over your nails for a full on glamorous look, or you could apply this to the tips of your nails only, with your bottom layer in a pink or lighter shade of colour for a subtle yet beautiful look. This would be a great alternative to the classic French Manicure.
Thank you so much The Wedding Concierge for featuring me on your website and allowing me to share my tips with you and your lovely readers.
Now it’s over to you. Do you have this colour, or something similar, hidden away in your makeup bag, but had no idea how to use it? Did you find these tips useful?