Hi Beautiful. I’m Noleen and I’m so excited you’re here. Let’s get to know each a little better. I’ll go first.
My goal is to show you how simple, easy and FUN makeup is. That makeup is an amazing tool to use to ENHANCE your already naturally beautiful features even further. And that it still makes you look like you, only even more radiant and beautiful.
When you think of applying your makeup as a part of your self-care routine it can do wonders for you in so many ways. Rather than thinking of it as just another thing on your to-do list each day, think of it as a wonderful opportunity to enjoy a little ‘me-time’ when applying it. Even if it’s just for 5 minutes. It means those 5 minutes are totally dedicated just to you.
I’m very passionate about only using makeup and beauty products that are kind to animals, the environment and of course, your health and skin. About 10 years ago I was horrified to learn that animal testing was rampant in the beauty industry (and still is!). And that many of my favourite brands at the time were conducting such cruel and outdated procedures in the name of beauty!
This also led me to realise that it’s just as important to be mindful of what I’m putting ON my body as well as what I put into it. I realised that there were many potentially harmful ingredients in mainstream beauty products. And so began my green beauty journey. I slowly but surely started making the switch to natural and organic products. And I’ve most definitely noticed a positive difference in the condition of my skin and health since having a cleaner, greener, healthier beauty routine.
Whilst not every product in my kit is 100% natural or organic right now, almost all of them are. And EVERY single product is cruelty-free and I’m well on my way to a totally clean makeup kit.
My story about how I became a makeup artist is not the traditional one. I actually studied finance in college which eventually lead me to work in the finance industry for over a decade. But I quickly realised this was not what I wanted to do with my life.
However, for so long I didn’t know what that thing was that I wanted to do. What I did know was that I really wanted to do work I was passionate about, that fulfilled me, where I could make a difference and where I couldn’t wait to get up and go to work every single day. And that I wanted to work for myself and build my own dream instead of someone else’s.
I used to think I was ‘too old’ to change careers. That is until I realised I still had another 30 years of my working life left! And that you’re never too old to make a change and start something new.
So I decided enough was enough and I wasn’t going to waste another precious day of my life doing something that didn’t fulfil me. It was time for a change and this lead me to the path I’m on today.
I’ve never once regretted my decision. And I’m so happy and grateful that I’m now doing work that I absolutely love and am so passionate about. It’s given me the opportunity to work with some amazing people in amazing locations and on amazing projects. Not only that, it gives me the chance to work with and chat with lovely people like you too.
Here are a few other little facts about me
1. I love animals and one of my goals is that one day my partner and I will have our own sanctuary where the animals can just wander around and play to their heart’s content all day long.
2. I love to travel and I love experiencing new countries, cultures and languages. I want to live in as many countries as I can. I’ve already lived in 5 so far. And I speak 2 languages fluently (English & German) as well as 2 halves of 2 others. Well kind of! Because I’ve forgotten how to speak them as it’s been so long since I did. French & Irish are the other 2 languages in case you’re wondering!
3. As much as I’m a girly girl, I’m also a huge sports fan. The only thing I really miss about living abroad is that I don’t get to go and support my favourite rugby team (Leinster Rugby) in person every other week. But at least I have the internet so I can always watch them play no matter where I am in the world!
4. With that being said, my guilty pleasure is watching the Oscars every year! I just love the red carpet glamour. And, of course, the first category that I always look out for is the makeup category. Well, that and the animation category too. Because I’m such a big kid at heart! And seriously, who doesn’t love a good animation movie?!
5. I don’t drink coffee. But I do love drinking tea. In fact, I’ve been told I make a mean cuppa if I do say so myself! So if you’re ever near my house, stop by and I’ll make you one of my top-notch cups of earl grey! 🙂
Now I’d love to get to know you better
And let’s see how I can help you to look & feel utterly fabulous and full of self-confidence every single day.
And make sure to head over to my blog too as this is where you’ll find plenty of natural and organic beauty news as well as tips and tricks that help get you started on your healthy beauty journey.
I’ve also got some free beauty guides for you which are packed full of lots of great tips & tricks that you can start implementing today. And of course, I share lots of tips about cruelty-free beauty and how to get started with green beauty journey too.
I’m also so passionate about supporting other businesses and entrepreneurs. So if you’re a makeup artist or beauty professional who’s in need of some help in your beauty business, you’ll find some details about my beauty business mentoring sessions here. And let’s chat to see how I can help you.
I’m really looking forward to chatting with you very soon and I’m excited to help you.
Lots of love & hugs,